Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 2 months ago

What graphics card should I get until the world goes back to normal?

Yeah I'm not paying the insane prices for the high end graphics card that I want. I decided to settle with something much cheaper to just do a job until the prices and stock get better down the line. I thought about getting the 1660 super but I'm thinking of going even cheaper because I'm going to replace it later anyways. Can you recommend some graphics card in todays market that can display 1440p without troubles and can do a decent job for me until prices drop. I can do with no gaming as most of my games are on console anyways. Don't bother answering if you're just going to say I shouldn't complain about prices for high end graphics cards, they are literally prices I can't afford right now.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Nigel
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

i would say none! focus on 720p gaming for a bit buddy, because even used 1060 are just well over priced right now, i say if you can find a 1070 ti for around 250$ then snatch it!

• 1 month ago

whichever one meets your needs for the cheapest price

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

To do 1440p you will need something at least as powerful as a 980 GTX, 1660, or 1070 GTX.   There's cheaper cards out there, but they are only good for 1080p.  I wouldn't compromise too much since you can just resell it and recover a significant amount if you don't overpay for it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.