Am i a mug or a really nice person?

Without going into the ins and outs of a situation that has occurred to make me question this... but something happened a few days ago where my partner “messed up” he didn’t think in the moment as to how he was reacting, but realises after. But then it’s too late. He can’t change it. 

It’s not a physical matter. No violence. But a quick question...?

I actually feel sort for the fact that he messed up.. he now agrees that he messed up, I actually feel sorry for the fact that he messed up and he can’t change it. It must feel so shut to have messed up like that and not be able to change it.

Does it make me a mug or a really nice person to actually contemplate sticking with him and helping him through this to try and change. 

I am again putting his feelings before my own? That is what love is supposed to be isn’t it?

Favorite Answer

You're neither, sweet. It just proves that you're an adult, who ain't willing to piss her relationship with a guy who she obviously loves very much, judging by the way ya talk about him, 'cos he fucked up- (which, after all's said and done, we all do now and again), so fair play to ya for giving him a second chance, and fair play to him for being adult enough to hold his hands up and say: "Ya know what? I fucked up and I'm really sorry, babe". Come what may, I wish both of you all the luck in the bloody world, sweet. 

• Alan H

We all mess up.   It is part of being fallible human beings.

But without more details (which you are probably wise not to give) it would be foolish for strangers to give you advice as to what to do.

Talk it over with a trusted friend or family member who will keep confidences

I think you're neither. I think you're a bowl.

• Ashley

It makes you mature for willing to work through an issue instead of just bailing, especially when he is willing to admit his mistakes and work through them to fix himself for you. Imagine being in a relationship where if you make a mistake , your partner will automatically leave you? That’s a waste of time. We aren’t robots and we as humans make mistakes. It is in his hands now to make it right, and carry on a healthy relationship. Remember it’s you and your boyfriend against the problem, not him and the problem vs you