Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

Do you guys think this is weird? I’m so ashamed of my past.. I don’t know how to deal with it.?

I’m really ashamed of my past and how I used to behave. I used to abuse alcohol for self medicating social anxiety and to feel more confident and also for depression. I used to drink on impulse and I would drink in so many different situations. For example, I used to drink some alcohol before going out anywhere for example like shopping, out for dinner, to meet someone. I used to drink before having guests come over sometime because I had anxiety. Also, sometimes even before calling someone on the phone I would drink a little. Also, when I had my ex over, when he first came here, I would drink a little in my room before going downstairs to talk and interact with him because it would make me more comfortable and outgoing. He noticed and he said he’s going to tell everyone and embarrass me. And he did tell everyone so now everyone knows about it and makes fun of me. He wanted to hurt me.

Also one time I drank a lot before going to school (college) because I had anxiety and I ended up passing out and someone called an ambulance. I feel so stupid and embarrassed. Now everyone knows, even my family and they’re making fun of me about it. I feel a lot of shame and I think it’s so weird how I behaved when I look back. I don’t drink anymore but I still feel so ashamed especially when people make fun of me for it. I feel so ashamed because I think it’s really weird what I did. I don’t know how to overcome it especially when others make fun of me. It affected my self worth and esteem. 

There's an organization named Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) in the US, look it up on the internet. It's for people like you who struggle with alcohol abuse issues.

• ?

Counselling/therapy should help.