Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

How do I accept that he's way out of my league?

He's four years older than me and went to the best uni in his country and has a great job. 

I'm a student right now but I don't know what kind of career I want and consider myself pretty dumb. 

I'm nearly 22 and he's 26

We live in different countries and have met twice

I met him twice in two days when I was travelling last year. I reached out to him a couple of months ago through social media, and we have talked through text ever since.

You are not out of his league or anything like that people can still be attracted to others who don't follow the same career path as you are. The long distance might be a problem unless you plan on living in the same country as him

You need to add details or else resubmit this, because you didn't explain anything.  You say you've met twice, but was this a romantic type of thing where you both arranged it?  Or just a situation where you saw him twice?  I can't even tell if the 2 of you are starting to do some online dating, or it's just a crush you have from meeting him twice.  I also don't get why you think he's out of your league.  At your age, 4 years is a lot.  He's a fully grown man and you're a student who hasn't even begun her career.  Most 22 year olds don't have a career locked in.