Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Zirp
Lv 5
Zirp asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

How can I disable the "Get email notifications when there are new answers to all questions I answered" box.?

It's automatically ticked on every single answer I give...

Can I opt out of the "current news" too?

Update:

The only box I had checked is "notify me about new answers", but I am NOT even getting those...

4 Answers

Relevance
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Since you don't get notifications anyway why do you think you need to turn them off.  It will not change anything.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Click on your Username on the Right side of the Page go to Edit Preferences there under the Email Notifications Section if its turned on you can Disable it by Unchecking anything that is Checked Off 

Email Notifications tho have been Broken for Quite some time so I Doubt you would be getting them anyways Even if they were Enabled 

Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'm not aware of a way to disable it, but for me it hasn't been "checked" as the default in quite a long time (I use a desktop device, if that makes a difference). Also make sure, in you Answers profile (https://answers.yahoo.com/my-activity/edit)  that in the 'Email me when' section the "Get email notifications when there are new answers to all questions I answered" checkbox is NOT checked. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I just went to my YA activity profile and had no problems editing it to enable that feature and then disable it. 

You need to edit your YA?activity profile and be SURE to Save the changes at the bottom. Your device has to be in desktop mode. My cell phone is new enough that I do not have to do that each time. 

Yes you might be able to opt out of current news, but that's an email setting so you need to go to your email account settings to change that. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.