Zirp
Zirp asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

How can I disable the "Get email notifications when there are new answers to all questions I answered" box.?

It's automatically ticked on every single answer I give...

Can I opt out of the "current news" too?

The only box I had checked is "notify me about new answers", but I am NOT even getting those...

• LAN
    Favorite Answer

Since you don't get notifications anyway why do you think you need to turn them off.  It will not change anything.

• Daniel

Click on your Username on the Right side of the Page go to Edit Preferences there under the Email Notifications Section if its turned on you can Disable it by Unchecking anything that is Checked Off 

Email Notifications tho have been Broken for Quite some time so I Doubt you would be getting them anyways Even if they were Enabled 

• .

I'm not aware of a way to disable it, but for me it hasn't been "checked" as the default in quite a long time (I use a desktop device, if that makes a difference). Also make sure, in you Answers profile (https://answers.yahoo.com/my-activity/edit)  that in the 'Email me when' section the "Get email notifications when there are new answers to all questions I answered" checkbox is NOT checked. 

• ?

I just went to my YA activity profile and had no problems editing it to enable that feature and then disable it. 

You need to edit your YA?activity profile and be SURE to Save the changes at the bottom. Your device has to be in desktop mode. My cell phone is new enough that I do not have to do that each time. 

Yes you might be able to opt out of current news, but that's an email setting so you need to go to your email account settings to change that.