Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If someone's pet Tiger, Lion or Grizzly Bear killed a burglar. What would happen to the animal and the owner?

There would be no insurance to cover the burglar because he would already be dead and eaten alive unlike a dog attack. 

• Marvin

Where I live the animal will be euphonized. The family of the burglar will attempt to sue.  They will go for wrongful death or something like that. If the burglar was white, then you have little to worry about. If he was not and he has three kids, well there is a chance his family could be awarded damages.

Homeowner's insurance covers injuries to visitors welcome or not. Of course your homeowner's insurance will deny the claim if the guy broke in.

In my State nothing would happen.  I don't understand what "no insurance to cover the burglar" means.  Most burglars don't carry insurance in case they are mauled while breaking and entering.