Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I type wierd?

So when I type it is quite common for me to switch letters, for example: kebaord. However that is not all. Nearly everytime there is a double letter I will repeat the letter before or after it. ie: leeter. Sometimes my words come out all scrambled, srcmalbed. I immediately notice that I've done this right after I finish the word. I usually will finish typing the word wrong and then think, wait what did I just type, before I ever even look up at the screen as if a part of my brain intentionally typed it wrong but didn't let the rest of my brain know the plan until afterwards. Does anyone else do this, is this part of a dyslexia or adhd or autistic trait or something?

Favorite Answer

Almost certainly you're typing too fast. One way to overcome this is to type in a rhythm, one key at a time and not in clusters as we do when we know a particular combination is easy to type fast. Try deliberately counting "one - two - three - four" etc then typing at that speed and rhythm, one key at a time.

Hey! I do this all the time! I thought it was just me. I don't think it is anything alarming as what you are saying, I think we just type so fast, or at least I do anyways, that my brain can't keep up with my fingers.

i do this all the time n i’ve been tested for adhd n autism. not sure about dyslexia though, but it could boil down to just accidentally tapping your screen twice