Anonymous

Hired, cleared all onboarding steps, and anxious that I haven't heard from new boss yet?

I've successfully cleared all on-boarding steps at my new job and confirmed with HR that I'm all set to start on 3/8/21. About a week ago I sent an email to my new director saying I'm excited to start and offered to do anything I could in advance so I could hit the ground running. 

I haven't heard back yet and I'm really anxious about if I should reach out again. So far I know on 3/8 I'm to attend a virtual orientation (due to COVID) but after that, I have no idea if I should report onsite or what I should do after the orientation is done. Do I wait for the director to reach out to me? The on boarding instructions say to connect with them prior to the first day which I tried to but didn't hear back (maybe because I was too early). Perhaps I should maybe try calling them Wednesday of next week? 

Any advice would be appreciated! I officially turned in my two weeks notice so there's no going back now. 

Thanks! 

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

Your orientation will give you the next steps.  You're asking questions much too early.  Don't contact them before next Wednesday 3/3.

You have an orientation scheduled for 3/8.

"I have no idea if I should report onsite or what I should do after the orientation is done."    This will be covered in the orientation.

"The on boarding instructions say to connect with them prior to the first day"   The orientation is prior to your first day and you will connect with them then.

"Perhaps I should maybe try calling them Wednesday of next week?"   Only if you want to look like a moronic pest who has no common sense and can't follow basic directions.

They are not your mother.  It is not their job to babysit your anxiety or excitement.    You are hired and scheduled.   Now be patient and wait your turn.

FFS.

And STOP using stupid buzz phrases like "reach out".   You can call, text, email or contact them, but unless you are actually using your arms, you are NOT "reaching out".