Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Who is wrong ?

Me and my friend were talking about traveling and he is blaming the pandemic for not being able to travel but I am trying to explain to him he is wrong. It's his fear of Corona preventing him from traveling because I have been traveling a lot since the pandemic. So who is wrong 

As far as the fear of Corona goes I already had it and the people closest to me had it and they aren't afraid of getting it again. And my job didn't make me quarantine when I got back. Since the pandemic I have been to Vegas, New York, Philadelphia, Niagara Falls, South Carolina, and in about a month I will be traveling to Key West. 

Favorite Answer

There is "no" wrong.

I am not afraid of covid-19.  I know how to protect myself from getting it.

I don't want to do a lot of travel right now because it just doesn't seem very enjoyable to be on vacation and doing all this distance stuff.

W don't know what part of the pandemic, that makes him not want to travel.

In some cases, it doesn't really matter whether you have fear of Corona or not, since some countries have closed their boundaries, so you can't go to visit those places. So, yes, the COVID-19 pandemic doesn't allow people to travel freely.

You are selfish. BTW, there's no guarantee you won't get it again and next time it could be a damn site worse.

You are wrong; acting irresponsibly.

You are wrong. Yes, you CAN travel, but it’s not a good idea. Many vacation destinations are closed or not offering the same things as before. Many attractions are operating at lower capacity, and require reservations in advance. Lots of places have mandatory quarantines and require covid tests. It’s irresponsible to travel and contribute to the spreading of disease. 

• Murzy

Traveling is not recommended. You also me be quarantined when you reach your destination.

Responsible people are not travelling far during the Covid-19 pandemic because it risks transferring the virus or variants of it from region to region. Who is right or wrong depends on their social responsibility. I'd side with your friend.