Is Kings Hawaiian bread safe for diabetics to eat?   ?

• Shay

If you are a type 1 diabetic - you adjust your insulin to allow for it.

If you are a type 2 diabetic - then you should be watching your total carbohydrates that you eat per day.  You adjust your total carbohydrates to allow for that bread.

My husband is a diabetic and he does eat Kings Hawaiian rolls sometimes.  He just doesn't do it every day.   

• ?

Yes as long as they take enough insulin or medication to cover the amount of carbohydrates they eat and get enough physical activity and exercise. Taking the trash and garbage out is physical activity. 

I've been eating white bread my ENTIRE Life of almost 68. years AND l have been a Type 1 diabetic since I was 2 YEARS OLD. I am NOT insulin resistant. White bread comes upon whole grain varieties. That is what I try to buy when I buy white bread. I also eat a lot of rye and pumpernickel bread and whole wheat. 

Type 1 diabetes is an auto immune disease. Type 2 diabetes is almost a different disease.  

Bread doesn't come in cups. It comes in slices. The total grams of carbohydrate in 1 serving, usually one slice, should be in the nutritional information. You can find that information online. 

The American Diabetes Association suggests picking entire grain bread or 100% entire wheat bread rather than white bread. White bread is produced using profoundly handled white flour and added sugar. Here are some heavenly and sound breads to attempt: Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran and Wheat Pita Bread.

🥴😊

Neither carbs or sugar are good for diabetics. But if you must eat it, 1/4 cup of bread or sweet bread per meal is recommended.