Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do you paint 1:72 vinyl figure kits like RedBox? Ordinary paints for plastic are repelled. Are there any solutions?

Update:

My problem is that my paint for plastic (Tamiya acrylic) is repelled and doesn't work. The surfaces of the figures don't seem ordinary plastic but rather vinyl. Many thanks.

Update 2:

I think Stanger spray black paint will work as primer, but unfortunately I'm not able to find the brand. Should I use Humbrol instead?

Update 3:

Yes, drip. Though, any Redbox figures aren't of the same plastic as in Tamiya, Airfix or Monogram.  They are of PVC (polyvinyl chloride) . 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

This?

https://www.amazon.com/PLASTIC-MODEL-FIGURES-Picts...

These are plastic figures. Any primer will be fine to use.

My son has painted WarHammer figures for years. He has used Citadel primer in Chaos Black. And uses Citadel paints.   Krylon Ultraflat Primer is a good alternative.   In a pinch he has used cheap black matte primer from Wal Mart,

• 2 months ago

Have you tried acrylics?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.