Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

What is the difference between horror and thriller film?

What is the difference between horror and thriller film? I thought it meant the same thing.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Blush
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Thrillers are like mystery and plot twists...they tantalize the brain and leave suspense. Like a lot of M Night Shayamalan movies

I feel horror movies are like your slasher films, they are there to horrify and keep you up at night. Like Texas Chainsaw Massacre. You get me?

• 2 months ago

Murder mysteries may be thrillers but not horror. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Horror movies have creatures or paranormal goings on like ghosts or they even have crazed killers who are scary but  thrillers can have none of that stuff and be thrilling because of real dangers like someone trying to escape some kind of danger or other people or person. They can also be a race against time trying to save someone from a kidnapping before they are killed or get into trouble in a foreign country and have to escape the authorities or even escape being thrown in prison for a crime they did not commit. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Horror is generally about fear, thrillers are about suspense. 

• 2 months ago

horror has the monster, thriller has the intrigue.

• 2 months ago

really isnt much of a difference horror is more bloody

• 2 months ago

Horror had more blood and gore.  It's the focus.  Thriller relies on suspense. 

• Tasm
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Horror movies are about dying. Thrillers are about staying alive.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A horror film is more about scary violence and gore while a thriller is more about action and suspense (with or without overt violence).  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would say horror is more to do with demons and ghosts, supernatural things. Thriller is more to do with crime e.g. a serial killer, drugs, kidnapping 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.