Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

James asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Which medication works best for anxiety/ social anxiety in your experience?

I can’t speak for everyone else because everyone is different. But for me, it’s going outside of my comfort zone(staying in holds you back imo), Getting out more, going places I wouldn’t usually go, doing stuff I wouldn’t usually do, being more active, etc. Another thing, you have to change your mindset. 

They are both non-prescription and do not have side effects. 

• ?

Though several types of medications are available, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are often the first type of drug tried for persistent symptoms of social anxiety. Your doctor may prescribe paroxetine (Paxil) or sertraline (Zoloft).

• ?

morphine..........

Please, read the articles bellow. They can help you deal with anxiety. I wish you well. You will be ok.

https://www.jw.org/finder?docid=102014442&prefer=l...

https://www.jw.org/finder?pub=w15&issue=20150701&p...

• ?

Cannabis.  There's nothing better.

In my opinion, it all depends on a specific case since each situation is different. What works for one person might turn out to be completely useless for another.

It's better to talk to a doctor to figure out what medication will have a better effect on a case in question.

I got diagnosed with generalized anxiety and panic disorder over a year ago, meaning i felt anxious all the time for no reason. I was prescribed alot of meds but i quit them despite the doctors strict instructions not to. i've almost fully recovered now and glad that i didnt take the meds. i would urge you to do the same. These meds offer a temporary fix instead of tackling the root cause. They make you numb and stunt your mental growth. Only your will power and determination will help you overcome anxiety for good. It will take time but you must accept it and not be afraid of it. Trust me. Good Luck man.

Propranolol helps me so much.

Psilocybin