Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I'm a 17 year old girl, and I've had these symptoms for over a year now. What do they mean? And how can I get rid of them?

For context, I'm a 17 year old girl. 105 lbs. 5'3". I've been diagnosed with GERD, OCD, anxiety, and depression. I posted this a year ago and my condition has not changed. My symptoms include:

- stomachaches (feels like stomach is on fire or being stabbed)

- trouble swallowing (as if esophagus is swollen)

- falling asleep suddenly (I've been falling asleep while sitting up with objects in hand and in public/noisy situations; always tired)

- ringing in ears (no pattern identified)

- inability to vomit (I've thrown up at least once a month my whole life, but in the past year I've been unable to throw up, even when sick)

- heart abnormalities (feels like heart is being squeezed; heart rate jumps suddenly, even while lying or sitting down; followed by shortness of breath)

- blurry vision (comes on suddenly)

- brain fogginess (several times a day my brain "shivers"; unable to identify a pattern, but it feels like mind is shaking or water is being poured on it, often accompanied by confusion/dizziness)

- queasiness (similar to feeling malnourished, however, I've been feeling like this even when I'm well fed)

- blackouts (eyes go suddenly completely black and then gradually fade back into light)

- horrific nightmares (almost always include murder, kidnapping, and rape, and are often set in ancient times unfamiliar to me)

- postnasal drip (coughing up mucous daily, sometimes bloody but often not)

Any ideas? I don't think I'm dying but I am curious.

In recent years, it has come more to awareness that we have a 2nd brain in our GI tract.  Its called the Enteric nervous system. 

- It used to be thought that the brain (in our head) talked to our stomach.  However, it's now known that it's two way communications. 

Problems for the ENS are often caused by inflammation (which by the way also causes covid disease progression).

Read about this connection - it's called the brain gut connection and then start eating foods that help feed of the inflammation / improve the communications. 

I'm assuming you have seen the proper doctors and they haven't helped. Now you need to see a psychiatrist to see if stress or depression is the underlying cause of all this.

• Tasm

You need to go to a doctor that specializes in internal medicine. I would bet money that you have diabetes.