Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

brian asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 2 months ago

What is the best credit card to apply and get approved for if my score is 587-600? ?

I need advice on if I should apply for a credit card if my score is this low. I have a jewelry account credit card but i don’t find it a smart investment to continually buy jewelry so I’m looking for information on what type of credit card I should apply for to re build my credit. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

With a score so low, you might be better off getting a couple of gasoline cards and using them to start moving your credit score up. After a year or two, Then apply for  a regular credit card. 

• 2 months ago

You should not apply for any card if your score is that low.  Applying will make your score lower, and if you apply when it is already that low, you will be probably get denied.

You should wait until your score is higher before you apply.

If you are going to apply anyway, then you should apply for a secured credit card, since you have at least a remote chance of being approved for that type of card.

• 2 months ago

I would try for a secured credit card - that is a card which has a credit limit which is the same as the amount of a deposit in a savings account with the same institution.  Then I would buy one or two things regularly, either groceries or gasoline or both, and pay the balance off in advance every month, even several times per month.  Pretty soon your credit rating will march higher and higher.

• n2mama
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A secured credit card will be easier to get approved for. It would have a fairly low limit, but if your intention is to use it for small purchases like gas and pay it in full every month, it should be fine. Once your score increases, you can see about getting a different card.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tasm
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Listen to Dave Ramsey. Don't borrow money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.