Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you consider online school as real school?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Deane
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I consider online schools like Abeka, Monarch, and Calvert to be real schools if they are accredited. You want to go with one that has been doing this for many years and has been accredited. Many of these schools like Abeka and Liberty have college levels courses and are connected with their colleges. My son went through Liberty and graduated with honors. Top 10 percent in the state for SAT scores. He is now in his second year of graduate schools making A's and B's.

• 2 months ago

for some 2/3rds of children -- no ... they simply don't learn well that way.  it's inbuilt psychology, not failure of online instruction since there is no know why of doing online instruction that will work for them.  Btw, the younger the child, the more likely this is to be true.  -- grampa [married 32 years to Uni Professor of Education]

• 2 months ago

Should be universal, but parents use wuthles' public school for free daycare. Learning in your home environment should be better than where one must compete with peers for the coolest hair, coolest shoes, coolest clothes, coolest phone, coolest put-downs, coolest lines, coolest drugs, coolest cool.

After that boring home-bound education, you can go socialize at KFC or whatever your cool is; in your oh!! so cool shoes, with your coolest clothes, wearing your coolest hairstyle, texting on your cool phone, and just being your cool self.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well I went to such a bad school that attending it online would have been a step up!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.