Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 2 months ago

recovery rebate credit mistake?

Hello. I missed the deadline for the non fillers tool to claim my second stimulus check. I did get the first one. I was not required to file in 2019 cause i had no income and was living abroad. I used turbotax to claim the recovery rebate credit and the system after asking me a bunch of questions left line 30 blank. Now i read that i should have put $600 on line 30 to claim my stimulus money. I mailed 1040 form with physical mail with line 30 blank. What can i do now? Wait for the return to be accepted and then file an amending 1040x?

• ?

You can file an amendment now if you like.