I’m a male that weighs 250 lbs. I’m 25 and I’m 5’8. I don’t drink much at all?

How much alcohol must I drink in 1 hour to be considered to have alcohol poisoning? I’m about to drink a lot and want to make sure I don’t overdose. Thanks.

Great, he threw up and threw up and then kept drinking. He is now in the hospital and isn’t expected to live... I didn’t think this would happen… why couldn’t you just give him an answer...

I would worry about your weight and height ratio killing you before the alcohol would.

I drank a lot, probably puked a dozen or so times and blacked out twice or thrice, seen a few people end up with alcohol poisoning and have to go to the hospital.  The only way you're going to have to go to the hospital for alcohol poisoning is if you drink a large amount of strong liquor in a short amount of time and somehow keep it down for an extended period of time.  'What is a large amount of strong liquor?' you ask, I'll tell you - a standard bottle of liquor is about 25 ounces, 25 ounces of hard liquor IN AN ENTIRE DAY is a lot and in a short amount of time it can be deadly.  Most people's body's stop them from getting to that point with the body's invention known as vomiting.  Hard to say what your reaction will be, I've seen a well reputed drinker puke instantly off of one boilermaker, and I've seen usual non-drinkers down shots and be fine.  Stay away from the tequila and you should be fine, that is if you don't crash a car while driving drunk, get in a fight, or trip and fall while walking... all three of these things are likely to happen when drinking.  That said, if you have to eat ****(and you very well may while drinking) it's best not to nibble.

• Herve

5'8'' and 250lbs? You're a bit of a lump then.

Seriously though don't drink like that. Drink to relax but no more.

• Kitty

Drink shakes & chocolate milk instead it’s better than alcohol 

Alcohol makes u guilty & ugly 

• kswck2

If I had a nickel for every dopy 'alcohol' question asked on this board.....

• blank

No point in getting drunk.Have a few and  enjoy yourself and relax yourself.Drinking till black out is not an adult thing to do.

From your question, I don't think you should be drinking alcohol at all - seriously.

First, your age, height and weight aren't issues. Otherwise, I really can't be bothered to answer such a foolish question (although I intended when I started).

25 sounds closer to your IQ.

• Rick B

How about drinking like an adult?????  Why are you going to "drink a lot"???  You enjoy throwing up?  Looking foolish?  Blacking out?  Drink one or two drinks per hour and enjoy yourself.