Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

alex
Lv 4
alex asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

How many men dodged the draft for the Vietnam war?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Most of them, I'd say.  Anyone who had plans for their lives.  Anyone who had something else to do.

When I was in high school in the 60s, all us guys knew we had the draft and the war hanging over our heads as soon as we graduated.  We all read and talked to people and got informed, and once we knew the history/situation, most of us wanted nothing to do with the war.  I did know a few guys who couldn't wait to get into it.  I knew three or four guys who went to Vietnam.  None of them came back the same person.

'Dodging the draft' isn't exactly the right term for what we did.  In WWII a draft dodger was someone who was drafted and refused to go.  It involved moving and  hiding.  None of us got drafted, we simply refused to go to college, or to Canada, or to get married to avoid being drafted.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't know, but don't forget the women. Couldn't they have dodged, too?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Richard Spencer dodged the Vietnam War 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.