Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

What is it that women actually look for in a guy?

I've been told I'm not hideous to look at.   I've got a decent job and my house, for what it's worth, is paid for.   I don't smoke or get drunk and get in fights.   I have most of my teeth.   No psycho ex's or child support due.   Credit score is around 800.   The best I can usually get is "ewww, gross!"

Thanks Derra for a real answer.

Anony- at this point I'm happy if they even see me.

You must have a very off-putting personality. Plenty of men with less get laid all the time. A sense of humor is a big advantage.

• Foofa

Turns out not all woman want the same thing. But if you're hearing "ewww, gross!" consistently it's time to learn that you're approaching a particular type of woman (because most wouldn't feel comfortable being that direct). Once you start going after decent women you'll be recognized for the decent guy (you seem to believe) you are. 

For me, my wife told me, it was my sense of humor, ability to handle adversity and never say die.

Someone they have personal attraction to and chemistry with. And all you can do is wait on it. You can't manufacture these things - you have to wait on the right person.

Everybody should get married for one reason.  To have a family.  meaning you both as parents and some children......

not all men and women are up to this job.   It is a lot of responsibility and you cannot get separated once you have children.   Children needs two parents and not just a parent. 

If you understand that, then you should understand why a woman needs a guy....

If people react negatively towards you its going to be your personality if everything else you said is true.

I can only speak for myself but I look for a man I'm physically attracted to me. For me, that means in good shape (exercises and eats healthy.) I like tall men because I'm tall. I also like men that I have things in common with - for example, walking/hiking outdoors, playing sports, long runs, travel, politics, cooking homecooked meals, interesting conversations about anything. 

I also like a man who is compassionate, intelligent, and kind. I don't care about social status, and my long term partner makes less than me and comes from a blue collar family. 

Mostly, I want to feel a connection. I don't want it to feel forced.  A guy telling me his credit score would be pretty weird. 

Maybe it's because of your personality. Many men seem to think that they are owed sex. Perhaps you're one of them.