Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

I have to constantly do my girlfriends homework for her and then she doesn’t even turn it in because it’s “wrong”?

I don’t know what to do. I don’t want her to fail her classes but even when I do her homework and write her papers for her she refuses to turn them in and ends up getting a 0 on them and I end up wasting my time because she says I “did them wrong” even though I use her textbook and answer the questions from the book with the information from her book. If she would have turned in her assignments I did for her she would have gotten a 100% on them because I spent hours on them and I’ve never even taken these classes before. She is a freshman in college and I already graduated college and know how to write good essays but she thinks what I write is “wrong” even though it exactly answers the essay prompt or the discussion questions 

She just never has the desire to do her homework and she starts crying and says she can’t do it and it’s too hard for her

• L

This is NOT your job.  She needs to do her own homework.........if she can't do this - then she has no business being in college.

Doing her homework for her is cheating and does NOTHING for her.  She's learning nothing and you won't be there to take her exams for her.   So stop doing it.  If she's never had the desire to do homework, she doesn't belong in college.  Let her fail.

OK, so it's one thing if you do her work for her and she hands it in. It's unethical and ultimately futile (since she'll still do poorly on exams) but at least it's of some utility.

But you're doing her work for her and she *still* isn't turning it in?

Face it, she *wants* to fail her classes. You're wasting your time. 

That said, lots of people take college classes for no credit, just for personal enrichment. So go on and keep doing the work, if you enjoy it. 

But don't bother trying to help your girlfriend anymore. Face it: she's not college material. 

If she can't do her own work, she doesn't belong in college.

STOP doing it for her.  You are not helping her, whether she's turning the work in or not.

Frankly, if I were you, I'd end this relationship and find another girlfriend. This one's too immature, too juvenile and screwed up for you.

I hope you're just a troll. If your description of all this is actually true, YOU are not very bright either.

Tell her to grow up and do her own work. sorry please don't flag this answer

• fcas80

Sounds like you have an easy way to stop doing her homework.

get a new girlfriend ... this one has a different agenda from school

• drip

Why. Why would you even start to do this for her? 

She isn’t handing in your work, what you doing is wrong, you are not doing her any favors by doing this, Stop it.

If it is too hard for her then she needs to think about dropping out.  Are you going to be doing all of her school work until she graduates? This is going to catch up with her. 

• Eva

You aren't doing her any favors by doing her work for her.  She needs to learn the material and do her own work.  Since she doesn't appreciate your efforts either, just stop doing it.

Have you thought about the fact that you doing her homework is the reason it's too hard for her? Let her fail. If it's too hard then she should think about dropping out of the course and retake it when offered. Or take a remedial course that can teach her how to do it.

Normally every step is a progression. You've let her skip steps by doing it for her. Now she is at the point where she doesn't know what to do because she skipped those previous steps.