Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 weeks ago

Honestly liberals, (BTW I am a liberal) why pick on Trump's draft dodging? I would have done the same thing to get out of that war or any ?

war. My grandparents went through WW2 and wished that no other young person would ever experience war ever again (unfortunately we did anyway a few years after in Korea), they said it was complete hell, their friend's lives were wasted there, civilians lay dead in the street, the amount of blood was horrific 

Update:

Jeffery, I think we should salute draft dodgers, it seems horrific that people were forced to go under threat of court martial 

Update 2:

I think it is time we expand the term patriot beyond going to war 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

There's a couple of reasons. 

First, Trump supported the war.  It's one thing for someone like Bill Clinton, who thought the war was immoral, to dodge the draft.  He didn't think anyone should have to serve.  But Trump was all for the war, as long as it wasn't his *** which was on the line. 

Second, Trump continuously portrayed himself as a peerless tough guy, but when it came time for him to serve he dodged the draft, resorting to illegal methods to do so.  This made his constant preening incredibly disgusting, particularly in regard to actual military veterans who had served, like John McCain. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

@Jeffrey: you can't equate a real disqualifying medical condition with a bought phony one. Are you claiming Biden's asthma was imaginary?

• James
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

If I were to guess, people just want to remind his cult that mr manly man’s man and super patriot, is a draft dodging coward. 

• y
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

Alleged draft dodging, the accusation that Trump or his daddy faked the x rays of the bone spurs, also would mean the doc would lose his license. None of that has ever been proved, Trump is once again, found guilty by the mob.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

We've found that the most PRO-war politicians didn't go themselves, or kept their kids out of the draft.  We call them Chicken Hawks.  It's not that they didn't go, it's the hypocrisy.  Dozens of top Republicans are in this group.  The most honest one was Dick Cheney who said "I had better things to do."

This points up an immoral and illegal aspect of wealth in the US.  If you're wealthy you can get better treatment under the law.  The Republicans seem to believe that the whole value of a person is determined by his wealth.  Trump was 'too good' to go to war. 

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

So you are ok with it when Trump calls veterans "suckers and losers" and says that dodging STDs was his "personal Vietnam"?

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Three things make Trump's draft dodging different:  (1) he claims to be pro-military; (2) he got away with it ONLY because his daddy was rich enough to bribe a doctor; and (3) unlike you, he continues to lie about his actions.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

You aren't a patriot if you're not willing to protect your country. Putting your life on the line like the 9/11 victims on American Airlines flight 77 were true patriots how gave their lives to protect Washington unlike the insurrectionists who beat our policemen trying to protect our lawmakers.

___

Think you need to be more specific. Are you talking about the time Michael Cohen said Trump made up an injury to dodge the war?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congre...

Trump constantly saying he's a patriot and then lying to get out of the war points out his hypocrisy. Also shows he's not a true patriot as he claims

• 2 weeks ago

Biden did the same thing Trump on he used "childhood asthma" as his reason for getting a deferment. "DOVER, Del. - Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden received five student draft deferments during the Vietnam War, the same number of deferments received by Vice President Dick Cheney , and later was disqualified from service because of asthma that he suffered as a teenager."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.