Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 weeks ago

Will my cousins charges hold up in court or will they be dropped?

He got arrested in some type of sting operation having to do with him hooking up with a girl that he met online. She evidently never existed but he was arrested after showing up at a residence and he refused all questioning and requested an attorney immediately. Isn’t this entrapment?

Update:

Okay so thanks for shedding some light on the situation. I never got to see what his charges were. He just called me the other day and something seemed sketchy about it. 

Update 2:

So I looked it up online and it said.

F Attempted 2nd degree sexual assault 

F Attempted risk of injury to a minor 

F Enticing a child by computer 

So he was essentially trying to meet an underage girl for sex?!? That’s really f’d up!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

no entrapment would be if the fake girl sought him out and enticed him to come over.  in these scenarios, the male seeks out the girl and invites himself over.

• 2 weeks ago

Called a sting operation. And not entrapment. Nobody forced him to go there, nobody promised him nothing would happen, he went to the residence on his own. Sounds like he was meeting an underage child or wanted to buy drugs.

Perfectly legal, and YOU are in need of an attorney

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

Yes the charges will stick. No it’s not entrapment. Look up “To Catch A Predator”. The show is no longer on air but multiple law enforcement agencies still do stings like these to keep children safe. Your cousin will likely be found guilty. Also he will have to register as a sex offender and serve jail time. If the girl was real, and something happened, then it would be a LOT worse. Hopefully, your cousin seeks some serious mental help once he serves his sentence. Not just for his sake, for the sake of the defenseless children in society.

• Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

WHERE and EXACTLY how the "sting operation" was conducted determine the outcome.  "Hooking up" is not illegal unless it's a "money for sex" situation OR the other person was believed to be underage.  He needs an attorney.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jesus
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

Yeah he got caught in one of those police traps my godson got caught in one of those they send you pictures of an underage girl and you send pictures back and you make plans to meet with her and they copy it all down then they get you to go to the address which shows that you had intentions. To exploit a minor sexually. Better get a good lawyer each count is five years in prison. 

Friend they do not call it jailbait for no reason

• 2 weeks ago

I take it the girl was under 18 & that’s the reason for the sting? Of course you left out that key information. 

Yeah you’re f*cked. 

Your cousins a f*cking pedophile. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.