Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Leeds V Saints..?

Not trying to annoy anyone and i have no idea how the game will finish, but someone please explain to me, why wasn't Tella booked for simulation  AKA diving and cheating?,   how is this type of action meant to  be deterred if there's never any action against the perpertrator?

any offers?

Update:

both good answers cept the bit about continent, i assure you august spansin football was never rife with diving,  i think the other part of your answer is to blame..ie the rules, which are giving players the notion they can deceive the referee, and they are, even when there is contact many times it's not enough to go down, but players and daft, they realize VAR can only detect contact, it caant detect the severity...p

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You haven't annoyed me hombre.It was a dive he should had been booked like you said. I don't like cheating in football.Well done VAR ( yes it get praised when used properly) well done Leeds I expect August to be happy chappy today... For Southampton it's going abit down hill at the moment hopefully we can turn things around by end of season...

• August
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I don't think there are any deterrents for diving in football and if there were, it would be contested and the ref will look a real arsehole. There has been a lot this season with players at Villa,Liverpool and Man Utd but this so called continental style of cheating has crept into our game and needs kicking out. Maybe all the players can stand on one leg and jump up and down for 10 seconds in protest just before the game starts 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.