Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 week ago

The Conservative Political Action Conference has canceled a speaker at their upcoming "America Uncanceled" event. Anyone else see the irony?

On Monday, three days before the conference began, CPAC canceled an appearance from a panelist who “has expressed reprehensible views that have no home with our conference or our organization.”

Though CPAC did not initially state who they booted from their list of speakers, the decision came hours after Media Matters published a story about the panelist Young Pharaoh, an online commentator who has called Judaism a “complete lie” and claimed that “all the censorship & social media platforms are controlled by CCP & Israel through Jewish CEO & corrupt Democrats.” Soon after, Ben Jacobs reported that the rapper was removed from the program. Young Pharaoh later confirmed to The Hill that he had been cut from his Saturday appearance; in an interview he repeated several anti-Semitic claims, and added: “Basically, I’m being censored.”

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 week ago
    Favorite Answer

Wow, that's very amusing!  I'm also looking forward to Trump telling CPAC he is the Republican 'presumptive 2024 nominee.'  He is so desperate for attention that he's willing to declare his candidacy now, thus opening himself up to 4 more years of investigation and criticism.

• 1 week ago

There is irony and hypocrisy. But not where you’re assuming.

In a public or other open forum it would be censorship and I would absolutely object. Newspapers, radio, television, internet, university, or any other public space. Even within a private company where he held unpopular views, I would object to his termination.

However, this is an invitation event for speakers who are promoting conservative ideas.  The idea of anti-Semitism is not compatible with those.  It would be no different from a pro-life speaker unwelcome at a pro-choice rally.  Or a neo-Nazi unwelcome as a guest speaker at an NAACP event.

I would object to this person being fired for his views, or suspended from Twitter or Facebook.  Or not being allowed to write an editorial for a newspaper, or to have his own YouTube channel.

So where is the true irony and hypocrisy? From any leftist who complains about someone being told their views aren’t welcome. In this case, it’s reasonable; however, leftists militantly promote eliminating all opposition in all forums.  It is the height of hypocrisy for them to object when it happens to them.

• Anonymous
    1 week ago

"has expressed reprehensible views that have no home with our conference or our organization"

Liz Warren?

Mitt Romney?

Some other republican who doesn't believe Trump is a god.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.