Colly asked in PetsDogs · 2 weeks ago

Is varigated ivy poisonous if our dog ingests it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Rita
    Lv 6
    1 day ago

    Symptoms caused by ingesting English ivy are generally mild. The toxin is found throughout the plant but is most concentrated in the leaves. Repeated exposure to the sap of the plant can cause a temporary allergic dermatitis.

  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

    Try it and see what happens. Experience is the best teacher.

  • 2 weeks ago

    'Is variegated ivy poisonous if our dog ingests it?'

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Is+varigated+ivy+p...

  • 2 weeks ago

    Varigated ivy toxicity in dogs

    Ivy sure looks pretty tumbling out of a planter or cascading down a brick wall, but things will not be pretty if your dog eats its leaves. Several varieties of ivy contain toxins, including triterpenoid saponins and polyacetylene compounds, which cause excessive drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&so...

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 weeks ago

    I would look the other way In disgust. 

    Dogs are suppose to be smart. They should use their instincts. Other real animals do. 

    You don't see wild animals suffering from eating poisonous plants. 

    It's only the smart dog that suffers. 

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

    Simple answer is yes, The toxic chemicals in ivy cause digestive upset such as vomiting, diarrhea and abdominal cramps.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.