Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Poll: Do you like watching award shows?

• Katy M
    Favorite Answer

I used to when I was younger.  Junior high/high school.  Maybe in college.  But, not so much any more, because I just see it as a bunch of overpaid, entitled celebs patting themselves on the back for nothing.

• ?

No, I don't really like any of the actors who are giving each ther their awards. I only sometimes like the characters they portray in their movies. Most of them in teality are a bunch of aholes, IMHO.

• .

I did in the past, but not in the last ten or fifteen years.

Watch recordings of award shows from the past decades and compare them to the ones today.  In the past there was a genuineness and respect and sense of humor.  Today?  It couldn’t be more shallow and self-serving.

• ?

Not this year cuz of Wuhan Flu. Public gatherings is dangerous ok?

• ?

Not as much, because I don't recognize as many celebs' as I used to.  

No. They are just a bunch of folks saying how good they all are. Show the movies instead! Also there are too many prizes. Who cares who the Best Male Key Grip in Hollywood is!

• ?

I used to, with my grandma. She would make it a kind of event for us kids. We got special sparkling water, ice cream, and got to eat a fast food feast, LOL. It was fun, but now I find them boring.