Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 months ago

How can I cure my toenail fungus for good? There HAS to be some solution.?

I have tried tea tree oil, Vick’s Vapor rub, some highly reviewed stuff I ordered from Amazon, went to a podiatrist who claimed that removing the nail might make things worse, etc. I mean, with all of the advancements in modern medicine, there isn’t a cure for toenail fungus? What am I missing?

By the way, I’m not big on taking pills and though that may be a solution, I’d rather get other solutions, preferably quick-working ones.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Rita
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Try One of These 10 Home Remedies for Toenail Fungus

Vicks VapoRub.

Snakeroot extract.

Tea tree oil.

Oregano oil.

Olive leaf extract.

Ozonized oils.

Vinegar.

Listerine.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Pills are it.It's a 3 month process of so many weeks on,so many weeks off and it actually works.

You can't drink alcohol while in the process either.

• 2 months ago

Soak the feet in hot water with bleach ( the amount may be 1/4 cup) don't over do the bleach it can burn the skin do this daily. Its never an easy task and does take lots of time.

Source(s): have done this
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

put a few tea bags in a basin of warm water and soak your toes for ten minutes twice a day . the tannins in the tea kill fungus . buy better shoes . no vinyl . leather only . 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

As it is so difficult to deliver medications to the site of the infection, you probably do need to get your doctor to prescribe Lamisil tablets. (Less likely to cause potentially harmful side effects than other meds.)

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sorry, but you need to take an oral anti-fungal prescription medication.  Even this is not fast.  It can take several months because fungal infections are difficult to kill off.  You can also try a topical anti-fungal cream instead of "natural" remedies like tea tree oil.   

• 2 months ago

Expensive medication that you take for six months. Griseofulvin is one but there are some new things.. Then another six months to grow out.. Then you have to be vigilant to keep it from coming back.. Your feet can get it easy and then spreads to the nails so you have to keep the feet fungus free.. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Try soaking in amber Listerine (see below), but really, why avoid trying a medical solution in favor of possibly fly-by-night home remedies?  Anti-fungal medication is easy to use, and it's effective. If the home remedies aren't working, then why not at least try it?

You're being really foolish. And why would you act as though a professional didn't know what he was talking about and that you -- with no training or education in the field -- somehow know better?None of the suggested home remedies works really fast, if they work at all. You need to be very patient. That's another problem you seem to have: lack of patience.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.