Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Jan asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

Actively denied literacy/numeracy indoctrination, am I better off committing suicide?

I was fvcked around in my school years by every teacher because the first teacher had denied me my indoctrination for literacy and numeracy. Because of the inaction of the first teacher refusing to give me my indoctrination, people have been treating me differently while schools are actively denying me it on the count of me missing out in the first place.

I feel so alienated and left out because everyone is denying me what they all got. Am I better off dead?

I know, you know, everyone knows what I’m talking about. Indoctrination involves teaching English grammar, as opposed to teach English through writing. This attitude is a perfect example of what I mean when society actively denies me it.

complete nonsense.  you've obviously learned to read and write anyway

There are numerous agencies geared toward adult education, no matter what level you are at, so contact any one of them and get your education. Having said that, I am not sure how you think using the language you have used to ask this question would lead anyone to believe you have not been properly educated. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that someone asked this on your behalf, rather than assume (this one time) that you are trolling.

It's not that big of a deal. You just teach yourself by reading and doing maths. You can do the maths for free on Khan Academy. And you can do the literacy by reading and writing. If you don't know what books to read, tell me how old you are, and I'll give you a reading list. 

All your anger and anxiety is because you're blaming the teachers. Yes they are bad, you don't need to tell me. By doing that, you give away your power. 

You've got the power to teach yourself literacy and numeracy. Besides you already know how to read and write English, what are you talking about?

Whatever you just wrote makes no sense.  You provided no specifics, and you are apparently "boohoo-ing" over something you imagine.

Also, please write clearly.  "Indoctrination" and "education" are two different things.