Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 2 months ago

Are you lot looking forward to Euro 2020 this summer folks ?

Really really hope we reach the final of this years Euros... it would be good for the country, we'd all have something to be cheerful about.

Then the following summer we're off to Qatar for the Fifa 2022 World Cup.

Lets hope Sancho and Foden shine in both tournaments,  with Trent at RB and Henderson as Captain of England cos I can't think of anybody but him who should lead the new gen team of talent out there.

As always,  I ask,  our chances ?  of winning one of those tournaments ?

• ?

Anything to override strawberries and cream at Wimbledon is good. Looking forward to seeing full crowds as they had in tennis in Australia and cricket in India 

A young England side could finally succeed in the Euros  

Absolutely. Given everything that’s happened in the past year or so, I think we will appreciate it a whole lot more. England have some very exciting players coming through and we will have Wembley advantage in most of our games.  I am intending to have the time of my life. 

Yes, I am. It's a good sign to hqave competitions like this back. If it can be held, things are headed in the right direction.

• ?

Not really, if it’s without fans then I will probably end up missing a lot of it because I just don’t like it as much. It’s impossible to get a big match feel it’s just guys making the same shouts playing in a quiet pitch, regardless of who’s playing at what level it’s the same sounds and experience watching. 

I’m hoping an underdog wins but let’s see.

• ?

Not really. Used to love the euros as a tournament. With only 16 teams the quality was much better than the world cup and every game meant something. It's lost something since it moved to 24 and a lot of games mean sod all. Not fussed on England I just enjoyed the month of football.

Normally I'd actually get a TV licence so I can watch live, don't think I'll bother with this one

Also aces, didn't realise you were an Aussie...

• ?

Yeah can't wait, sucks we won't be there but we'd only embarrass ourselves anyway prob. Our football has improved under Kenny but we don't have a goalscorer so we'd just be making up the numbers in the groups trying to even just go home with one point. I don't like the expanded tournament idea but it is great for countries who would not be there otherwise such as north Macedonia. 

And Martin, I will be paying close attention to Scotland and Wales but I don't care about England. Other teams I hope do well are North Macedonia and Finland as it is their first times. As for the big nations I always support Portugal at international tournaments, I have done since 2006. Could be Ronaldo's last major tournament but I think he'll stick around for the next world cup, if Portugal manage to qualify. They are in a tough group with Hungary, Germany and France but 3rd place can be enough to put you through to the next round so that takes some of the excitement out of the group of death.

Very much can't wait for Euro 2020 to be played in 2021.I suppose it's up to England to disappoint us again but we are lucky our games are at Wembley...I wonder who Ryan and the rest of ROI will be supporting.

F*cking Right I am. It could be like Euro 96' again and with the potential of England's 3rd and final group game v the Czechs(June 22) being played in front of a full house and then the semi's and final. Both at Wembley.

I think any Footy Fan worth his/her salt has got to be looking forward to this summer just for the Group of Death alone Group F Germany/France/Portugal Tasty.

It is similar to 96 for all the club captains we have now like then Henderson/Kane/Grealish/Maguire.

I feel Kane should be given the armband. He is along with the 'Streetwise' Grealish  our Shearer and Gazza this time lets hope they both sort out their big money moves before the summer.(Sorry Spurs fans but if I were Kane I'd tell my agent get me away from this madman Mourinho).

Get someone good to write a catchy tune, nice weather and Beer Gardens open.

We'll all be laughing again.

England 5-1 joint Favs not sure about that but I'll risk a nifty fifty.

Then double it up Kane Golden Boot to go with his Russian one.

Edit @Ryan with only 8 teams going out after group stage it does take a lot of the Jeopardy out of it.(Oh he's good)Won't get going proper till Round of 16.

Ryan's not bothered about England means he wants us thrashed, humiliated and losing in front of our crowd. Probably. Ha ha. He's a good lad really just support England. In the absence of the Irish You might enjoy it.