Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If an employee asks for time off and doesn't give a reason why, would a boss just assume it's for a job interview?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It's better to tell a boss at least something (personal issues, health issues, family issues). It'll be better than saying nothing

• L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

A boss will NEVER assume anything.

• a
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

People need days off for all kinds of things: colonoscopies, car repair, outpatient surgery, closing on a house, funerals.

The wise thing to do is not to ask too often, and always act cheerful, (or at least agreeable) at work.

• B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not unless they have a reason to believe the person is looking for a new job. I don't believe you have to give a reason and they still have to give you the time off in accordance with the company policy's but if you are trying to avoid suspicion just give a bogus reason like you have family coming to town and want a personal day. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No the boss would not give a lick. He would just warn you not to do that every day.

• 2 months ago

No they wouldn't assume anything. If you ask for a personal day, that's what personal means--it isn't automatically considered being for a job interview. And you don't need to give a reason for a personal day. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A boss is not entitled to know why an employee wishes to use a PTO day, that is why it is called personal...

• No, they shouldn't. Employees can ask for time off with out having to give a reason, unless they were just hired and previously needed the time off. It could be for some appointments or just to get some extra rest. 

I've asked for time off before and haven't given a reason, I've never been asked or a reason either. I've been at my job for all most 6 years.

• 2 months ago

no I would assume they were too lazy to go to work, I am not a boss tho don't want u to think I am ! but that's what I would assumeee...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would assume ur gay. 

Source(s): Boss
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.