If an employee asks for time off and doesn't give a reason why, would a boss just assume it's for a job interview?

It's better to tell a boss at least something (personal issues, health issues, family issues). It'll be better than saying nothing

• L

A boss will NEVER assume anything.

• a

People need days off for all kinds of things: colonoscopies, car repair, outpatient surgery, closing on a house, funerals.

The wise thing to do is not to ask too often, and always act cheerful, (or at least agreeable) at work.

• B

Not unless they have a reason to believe the person is looking for a new job. I don't believe you have to give a reason and they still have to give you the time off in accordance with the company policy's but if you are trying to avoid suspicion just give a bogus reason like you have family coming to town and want a personal day. 

No the boss would not give a lick. He would just warn you not to do that every day.

No they wouldn't assume anything. If you ask for a personal day, that's what personal means--it isn't automatically considered being for a job interview. And you don't need to give a reason for a personal day. 

• ?

A boss is not entitled to know why an employee wishes to use a PTO day, that is why it is called personal...

• No, they shouldn't. Employees can ask for time off with out having to give a reason, unless they were just hired and previously needed the time off. It could be for some appointments or just to get some extra rest. 

I've asked for time off before and haven't given a reason, I've never been asked or a reason either. I've been at my job for all most 6 years.

no I would assume they were too lazy to go to work, I am not a boss tho don't want u to think I am ! but that's what I would assumeee...

I would assume ur gay. 

Source(s): Boss