Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 2 months ago

Why are people freaking out about COVID more than what is needed?

I mean, it can’t be that easy to get of I’ve been to 10 multi-person hangouts without masks or social distancing and never got exposed. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

How do you know you were not exposed?  All you know is that you didn't get sick.

Well, it's all how you look at it.  They want to slow the spread so that the tiny percentage of people that have to be hospitalized will not overwhelm the hospitals.  Maybe they just need to put up a few field hospitals.  One case I know is that Montreal Canada has 8,000,000 people, and because they have 1500 people in hospitals with covid, the whole province is under curfew from 8pm to 5pm.  8 million because of 1500.  There should be a better way to handle it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You are probably an asymptomatic carrier and giving the disease to others. What a star you are!

• 2 months ago

If you think it isn't all that bad, come work in the covid ward with me for a week.

Source(s): nurse
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You can also get it airborne depending on your health such as having other  sicknesses or medical issues. That's how horrific it is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Possibly because COVID-19 has killed more Americans than 3 wars combined.

• You can't be sure if you were exposed or not. People and you can have covid with out having any signs or symptoms. All it takes is for some one to show up at those events, and not know that they have covid to spread it.

It affects people differently. Some people can (like myself that has auto immune issues but isn't elderly) get very sick and end up in a hospital. While others experience more cold / flu like symptoms. Also not every one can afford to take the time off to recover, if they do get infected. 

• 2 months ago

How do you determine if you get it or not if a large significant portion of the people don't have symptoms? If everyone who got infected got sick then you would have a better idea in order to judge. You are assuming just because you hang out with people who are not sick that that means that they and you never had it. 

Even if it is true that you guys didn't get it which I seriously doubt, especially since you don't wear mask and are acting pretty callously and careless, that doesn't mean you can throw people under the bus who get sick and die. 

One needs to do things for others so as not to transmit the sickness that causes people to go flood the hospitals and dying in ICU beds. 

Seriously dude, do you need for it to be spelled out for you like a five year old?

• 2 months ago

Because you are not everyone. You are insensitive. 500,000 have died and many more have significant morbidity.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.