Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

why is the political culture amongst the american people so childish and pathetic compared to europe ?

americans are very childish and naive when it comes to politics. we are obsessively partisan to the point of tribalism. when a candidate we support runs for office, we have a bunch of obnoxious clowns going too far with their rallies dressing up in costumes  in support of their candidates.

we get in childish fights with the opposing party members to the point of violence and sometimes involving guns. 

the sad reality is that the loudest supporters also seem the most uneducated and ignorant about politics.

i remember those trump rallies many of his dimwitted supporters were wearing red white and blue clothing. yelling about trump and wearing silly uncle sam hats. yet i bet most of them are poorly educated about civics and government

Update:

in europe, they do h have political fight, yet they are less partisan and tribalistic about their  support. they also don't obnoxiously wear clothing to symbolize their support of a candidate.

you have many third party and independent voters who don't trust the system. europeans seem much more genuine and mature in their approach to politics. its more about the candidate than the party 

Update 2:

@morpheus. this has nothing to do with supporting liberty or not  you dimwitted retard. i am talking about the political culture 

Update 3:

@morpheus. whiteness has nothing to do with it. don't bring in race in a question that you are too intellectual deficient to understand 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

.  We might be a developed country but we are definitely not a civilized one.  america is still like the wild wild west a real free for all . Politicians are a reflection of our society 

• 2 months ago

america as a nation has only been around for 244 years. we are relative young nation and our culture doesn't have a strong tradition the same way people in europe do. 

america's understanding of freedom is limited to our adoption of the constitution and fighting against a war for independence. we take our freedom for granted. 

european societies went through endless monarchies and power struggles and were devasted by 2 world wars. their understanding of politics is much more broad. they know the unruly corruption that can exist in a authoritarian society is the reason why they are more mature and less naive  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I laugh - because who ever wrote this question is as ignorant as the day is long. Name four joint resolutions / executive orders and policies = 12 that were carried out under Trump. Dumb - as a stump - 

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Would you like a tissue?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Average Austrian IQ 100

Average Polish IQ 99

Average Hungarian IQ 98

Average Russian IQ 97

Average Nigerian IQ 84

Average Haitian IQ 67

Average Gambian IQ 66

Average Equatorial Guinea IQ 59 (lowest on Earth).

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

American culture values liberty, unlike the eu, I am antieu

Source(s): europe is also much whiter than America is demographically, which might change to become more like the us over time idk
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.