charlotte asked in PetsCats · 2 weeks ago

My cat is getting angry when we try to move him. He is not eating. He is drinking almost a full bowl of water almost every day. ?

He is 14 and I’m worried his end is near 

• Maxi
    1 week ago

So phone the vet as 'worrying' won't help your cat in any way, shape or form

He could have hyperthyroidism with the thirst, although most cats have excessive hunger as well. All three of my cats had this. The first one died and the other two had pills to semi-control it and then radioactive iodine therapy to cure it. I suggest you go to the vet and ask for the usual tests for a sick cat plus a T4 test for hyperthyroidism. Your cat is at the age when hyperthyroidism is more common (it occurs mostly in senior cats).

Your cat could also have bladder crystals. One of my cats was very uncomfortable when he had this, particularly about being picked up. This can be controlled with diet. My cat was scheduled for surgery for crystals but the food the vet gave him cleared them up before then.

It could be a number of things: intestinal blockage, gastro illness, tumor, etc. It's helpful to ask a question on a forum and get some ideas, but you should get him to a vet (regular or emergency vet) as soon as you can so they can address whatever is wrong. 14 is old but not that old. We had two 19-year-olds and I've known people with cats in their early 20s.

I'm also thinking that if you can get hold of a feeding syringe you could syringe-feed your cat to get some food into him. One of my cat had some stress issues after travel and stopped eating. The vet gave her Royal Canin Recovery. She took it OK with the syringe and as she got better she started licking it off the syringe! I even had her lick it off my finger after I broke both my syringes and was waiting for more. You could use special food or you could just thin out some pate to get something into your cat. Wondering if an eye dropper would work for thin cat food.

Best wishes to you and your kitty. This is Zelda, the one who wouldn't eat, after she started eating again and got the special treatment in a basket on my bed.

Sorry for your loss :'<

Probably.  You should consult a vet instead of an internet forum.

Then you need to take him to the vet, find out what the problem is and see if the vet can help treat it.

I assume you have taken him to the vet.  There may be treatment to help him.