Are the covid vaccines safe?

I saw a video on YouTube of people that had permanent problems and injuries due to having the vaccine, the video was uploaded by a user called “Brit girl”.

And I worried seeing that video as I’m a male in the clinically vulnerable group aged 43 who is soon to have the vaccine, I’m in the uk.

So what am I gonna do?

If this vaccine is permanently harming people?

Favorite Answer

no, many millions have received it with NO problems.  You tube in not a reputable health source. Its your choice, but long term effects from COVID can be pretty serious. And we have no way to even speculate about "permanently" harming people.

• ?

Yes, the covid vaccines are safe, and no, they are not permanently harming people.  Every vaccine will have some side effects and allergic reactions for some people; that's nothing new and these vaccines are no exception.  But unless someone is severely allergic to them, at most they can cause some mild symptoms for a day or so.  I've been fully vaccinated and had no side effects; some of my coworkers felt kinda crappy for a day or so, while others also had no side effects.

The pharmaceutical manufacturers developing and making the vaccines have decades of vaccine development knowledge they're putting into their research so it's not like this is something new for them, and they have to follow the very stringent regulations of the FDA and the equivalent agencies of every country they distribute the vaccines to.  The vaccines only get approval when they are proven through clinical trials that they are both safe and effective.

Talk with your doctor about your concerns regarding the vaccine (and I hope you have a legitimate doctor, not some holistic alternative woo-woo crap medicine "doctor" who pushes garbage like homeopathy and crystal healing).  If the doctor feels you can safely get the vaccine then get the vaccine.  Even if you feel like crap for a day or two, that's a hell of a lot better than needing a double lung transplant due to covid-related pneumonia.

If you want to rely on hysterical YouTube videos then you need a lot of help more than this forum can give you. 

Like Diane has said millions have gotten the vaccine and none go on to make YouTube videos because there isn't any reason to do it. 

Birds of a feather flock together and you are flocking with nutcases right now. 

Vaccines are safe for most people, even comparatively rushed ones.

But, as always, some people have different reactions to medicines and other things. (I'm allergic to chicken, particularly chicken fats. You'd be surprised at how many good tasting foods have chicken fat! And it affects me for at least 24 hours, even in small quantities.)

Yes, some people have reacted badly to the vaccine used on them. But the percentage is extremely low (about 1 in 10,000 [it may have been 1 in 100,000 but I can't find the article quickly]), based on figures I think I saw. Oh, and that's ALL bad reactions, even the slight ones but not counting the cases where the vaccine didn't work at all. The more serious reactions (if I remember rightly) were closer to 1 in 1,000,000

so it's your choice: odds of 10,000 to 1 are very low that the vaccine will adversely affect you.

There are people like that  spreading malicious lies all over the internet, including this site. 

The biggest vaccination campaign in history is underway. More than 206 million doses have been administered across 92 countries,  with no alarming reports of serious side effects.