We would like to travel to Wales from England to carry out repair work on our house before we retire this year?

Can I travel to and from my second home when alert level 4 restrictions are in place?

Travel in Wales without a reasonable excuse is an offence while alert level 4 restrictions are in place. Travelling into, out of or within Wales to visit, check, inspect, or stay in a second home or holiday home is not a reasonable excuse.

People are reporting those arriving in Wales to go to their second homes.  Everyone is doing their best to keep to the rules.  I suggest that unless the repairs are urgent, then you wait until England and Wales have eased lockdown before travelling.  If you are just trying to get the renovations done on time, then you will just have to wait like everyone else.  In the end, it is your decision.  Just remember, we are on our 3rd lockdown because some people wouldn't follow the rules.

• Maxi

Then read your own England area regulations and go onto the Welsh government covid regulations and read if that is possible or not right now

Great.

You'll have to wait for the lifting of lockdown, like everyone else.

Have to wait until the restrictions are lifted. My sister is studying in Wales and we live in London. The rules are different in Wales. But hopefully this year things will get better since they are rolling out the vaccines and they hope by spring-summer it'll be much better. I have positive hopes that you can do your repair works this year. Good luck.

Not until lower covid restrictions apply.  Note that Wales will have separate rules to England.

We have purchased a house in Wales which need renovating before we retire to it this year.  Can we travel to it to carry out repair work?