identification with a teacher?

One of my online teachers is demanding I send her a picture of my drivers license. I told her no as its not required to verify my identity  and I don't feel comfortable doing so I informed her that I would like other ways to confirm my identity but she refuses. Where do I go from here? She has contacted the dean but I am unable to get ahold of him.

There is no tests in this class. I offered to show the school my id but its the teacher that is demaning to see it. I have offered to do zoom calls and everyhing else in my power to confirm my identity but she only wants my drivers license

Favorite Answer

Why does this teacher want your ID?  I have never asked a student for ID.  I cannot think of a reason a teacher would need to.

Even before the infamous Filioque, Roman Catholic pope said that he's the head of the church while Orthodox said that Jesus is the head of the church. Roman Catholics keep adding stuff to the official doctrine that the Apostles have taught while Protestants keep subtracting. Book of Revelation curse is on Roman Catholics and Protestants (it says: woe to those who add or subtract from this book, right?)...Their part in the kingdom of heaven is taken away and they are sent to hell. Orthodox Christian three hand signs are different than Buddhist mudras. Ecumenism = 263 heresies; each heresy leads to hell. Orthodoxy = the only true faith; Roman Catholics tried one cup - one spoon ritual and got sick with Bubonic plague; if heresy enters Orthodox monastery then monks/nuns will get sick with flu/tuberculosis (for instance); Orthodox churches who closed for COVID or had disposable cups/spoons or dipped spoon into alcohol are no longer brides of Christ (now they serve Satan and honor Satan's new COVID religion). Don’t go into UFO to be “healed” by evil demons; demons never do good. SSN is written as a barcode/QRcode; then it's put into a chip; chip is put into vaccine; chipped people are influenced (by super computers) to receive grey plastic card World Passport with no name on it (but when they stretch their hands to get it, gov't clerk presses secret button to administer the unforgivable green 666 tattoo by isotope rays). If you reject mark of the beast then your direct ancestors go to heaven (according to saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov from Ural); forgive me.

Source(s): Documents are from Satan; burn all the documents that you can find. Electronics will be used to track you. Even old broken unplugged 1970 TV set will show the evil flying antichrist using Tesla's ether. Don’t go into UFO to be “healed” by evil demons; demons never do good; always pray the Jesus prayer or to saints who help right away (like saint Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov according to whom if you reject mark of the beast, then your direct ancestors go to heaven); forgive me.

Make a copy of your license but block out the number. So all they can see is your name and photo

You need to present some sort of government-issued picture ID to take proctored exams online. Permitted IDs are usually limited to 1. passport, 2. driver’s license, 3. state government identification card (like a drivers license but issued to non-drivers), 4. Military ID or 5. an alien registration card (e.g. green card).

If you're not prepared to provide a government issued, picture ID, you won't be allowed to take an online exam, so you might as well drop out right now. 

That said, there's really no reason you should have to provide the ID to your professor (outside of a proctored exam situation). *That* said, I don't write your college's policy, so it's really up to them.

Anyway, as others are saying, if she's reported it to the dean there's nothing you need to do but wait.

• John

I can think of several reasons why the professor would want a drivers license or state ID.  Such IDs have a photo, plus other identifying information.  The professor may suspect the student has paid someone to take the class for him.  That has happened before with the SATs.  On a less-likely note, the professor might be concerned that an out-of-state student is posing as a resident to get in-state tuition rates. 

It sounds like she suspects you're not the one doing your online work.

Since she has contacted the dean, you don't have to.  You'll be notified if there has to be some kind of Zoom meeting.

• drip

Let them contact the Dean, maybe they can settle the debate. 

• Tavy

What's the problem? She wants a picture of you and your address, perfectly reasonable. You might have got someone else to do your online work.

Is it because your address is on a document that you won't comply? There could be the same issues with utility bills, health and taxation documents too.