Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 weeks ago

Is this sentence correct in English?

I like eating at home better than eating out because I can make many foods and eat them at home.

• ?

It's grammatically correct, but not at all natural, and sounds rather childish.

Don't you know that you can eat 'many food' in restaurants? They don't all serve the same food!

It sounds a bit childish and doesn't make much sense.   In the second half it's unclear what you want to say, and there's some redundancy with "home" coming again at the end. "because I can eat them at home"...if you make them at home, where else would you eat them?  Unless you're preparing a picnic or lunch to be eaten later elsewhere, but clearly you're not.  "I prefer to eat at home versus eating out, because at home..."

@Anonymous who said there shouldn't be a comma. Yes, there should be.

Your sentence is correct without a comma, but it's not well written.

btw -- adding "in English" sounds odd.  It's already in English.

Joel -- No comma before "because."  You don't separate the cause from the result.

I love eating at home rather than eating out, because I can eat as much as I want.

Much better sentence:

"I prefer eating at home rather than eating out because I can make as much food as I want from home."

, because I can make many foods at home 

U neee to eliminate