Jann asked in PetsCats · 2 weeks ago

If your cat got really old with no signs of dying should you put it to sleep anyway?

Since it might become unattractive looking  and also it might not enjoy living

1 week ago

absolutely not.

• keerok

If it's not sick then let it be. Killing it because it's unattractive is inhumane.

why tf would you do that

I would never put a cat to sleep because of how it looked or simply for being old. I put cats down when they no longer have a good quality of life. 

• Raven

Cats don't care what they look like, so if you're thinking about that, understand that is YOUR problem. An old animal still enjoys life, as long as it is pain free, eating, and is healthy for its age. I hope you are not on here looking for support to kill your elderly cat that isn't sick and shows "no signs of dying" and so should not be killed.

• Cathy

I would never put a pet to sleep because it became "unattractive looking." I would only put it to sleep if they were in pain or misery and there was nothing that could be done for them.