Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 2 months ago

Swollen lymph nodes for over 2 months?

My postauricular lymph nodes are swollen and have been for a couple months. First it was just one lump, now it's one lump and two smaller ones. Should I visit a doctor? What could this be? 


It's curious because I don't think I have any symptoms.

Update 2:

What? I posted this once? 

5 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    Either this is minor and you are wasting everyone's time, or you are genuinely concerned, in which case you need to see a doctor.

    Lymph nodes are a normal part of the immune system. It is normal that they swell in response to illness or infection. This infection could be as simple as a zit or  as complex as HIV or anything in between.

    Sometimes our immune system works so well we never know what it was fighting.

    Sometimes it can take months for swelling to subside. Sometimes lymph nodes lose their ability to subside and are permanently swollen.

    In a small % of cases the swelling is caused by cancer.

    Most people without training struggle to identify what is of concern and what is not.  See a doctor.

  • LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    You constantly spam variations of this idiocy over and over even though you know it's stupid to ask for a diagnosis here as often as you do.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    If you are too stupid to see a doctor about it then society would be better off without you in it.

    See you when you have your fit and post this idiocy again after this one gets deleted for constantly spamming the same crap over and over.

  • ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

    Sounds like you may have a persistent infection, it would be advisable to have it check out. 

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Go to a doctor immediately. It could be cancer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.