Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

At what point do you think the Covid 19 virus is going to stop being called a Pandemic?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Good question, although I'd bet only an epidemiologist could tell you. There's probably a specific percentage or # of cases worldwide which determines that label. We're years away, I'm sure.

• 2 months ago

Probably right before covid-20 virus becomes a thing

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Could be over a year from now.

• L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

When the Democrats stop making a big deal out of nothing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Word
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Based on past pandemics, I predicted 2 years, but I've heard 3-5 years...

With the vaccine now out, I'm thinking sometime next year, so I'm still going with 2 years

• Ivan
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

When it stops ravaging populations all around the world.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

At the current rate in the US, about 2 million people getting a vaccine every day, we should reach herd immunity by fall or so, sooner if Johnson & Johnson enters the scene. Phase 1 is pretty much complete. Phase 2 is entering the second shot phase for people who got the Pfizer vaccine. Phase 2B (seniors 65 and over, people with 2 co-morbidity) has begun. Phase 3 will take the longest since it’s for the rest of the people so that might go 3-4 months, perhaps longer. Then it’s going to take about a month or so of data to know if it’s working.

• 2 months ago

That's what it is. Why would it ever stop being called what it is? When is world war 2 going to stop being called a war?

• X
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

When the left stops blaming Trump for everything... So never.......

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When people stop believing the BS and vaccine profits start drying up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.