At what point do you think the Covid 19 virus is going to stop being called a Pandemic?

Favorite Answer

Good question, although I'd bet only an epidemiologist could tell you. There's probably a specific percentage or # of cases worldwide which determines that label. We're years away, I'm sure.

Probably right before covid-20 virus becomes a thing

Could be over a year from now.

• L

When the Democrats stop making a big deal out of nothing.

• Word

Based on past pandemics, I predicted 2 years, but I've heard 3-5 years...

With the vaccine now out, I'm thinking sometime next year, so I'm still going with 2 years

• Ivan

When it stops ravaging populations all around the world.

• ?

At the current rate in the US, about 2 million people getting a vaccine every day, we should reach herd immunity by fall or so, sooner if Johnson & Johnson enters the scene. Phase 1 is pretty much complete. Phase 2 is entering the second shot phase for people who got the Pfizer vaccine. Phase 2B (seniors 65 and over, people with 2 co-morbidity) has begun. Phase 3 will take the longest since it’s for the rest of the people so that might go 3-4 months, perhaps longer. Then it’s going to take about a month or so of data to know if it’s working.

That's what it is. Why would it ever stop being called what it is? When is world war 2 going to stop being called a war?

• X

When the left stops blaming Trump for everything... So never.......

• ?

When people stop believing the BS and vaccine profits start drying up.