Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

How do I start over at 35? ?

Divorced single mom stayed home husband was the breadwinner. Working a job barely paying the bills and trying to find purpose and hope. 

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

If you think that you are old and "over the hill" at 35, let me tell you that you are not!

Your best days are yet to come ( mine have all long gone but I'm over twice your age) so, go out on the prowl and be a predator.

Someone nice will come along and calm you down eventually.

That's when it will start to get boring again....

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My husband and I split up after 16 yrs of marriage when I was 38.

I eckedout a new life for myself and got to work toprovide for my children, just like millions of parents do.

You can, too.

Since the end of my marriage, I have managed to payoff my house.

35 is young. You have over half of your life left. Considering that only 17 years of your life has been spent as an adult, your best adult years are ahead of you. MAKE IT COUNT.

You can do this!

• Ann
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You would be eligible for some grants to go to college.  Get some courses under your belt while you're working at your present job, and then when you have enough education, you can move up to a better-paying position.  It won't be easy, but that is a way to better your situation.

• 2 months ago

I know it won't be easy, but listen, 35 is YOUNG. You still have energy, and many, many years ahead of you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Blush
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You cling to your loved ones and find positive environments. Maybe even go back to school, make sure to get child support. 

Try to find what makes you happy.

• 2 months ago

You do exactly as you're doing. You continue to work to pay your bills and survive. Then you build your skills, get a promotion, and most importantly, develop a sense of self-confidence. It typically takes someone 1-2 years to get past the shock of starting over to even realize what makes them happy. But you'll get there.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's the same sad drama played over and over in towns, cities all over the world! Day after day, year after year countless women meet the same fate at the end of a short lived marriage/relationship! Rather than go to college/trade school and create a financial cushion for themselves for the rest of their lives, women get married or shack up with someone at a young age! Many barely know the person they are marrying/shacking up with and the abuse often starts without warning! They almost always get knocked up and saddled down with one or more kids sealing their fate! Then before they know it, the marriage/relationship ends and they find themselves stuck between a rock and hard reality without a college education, job skills! They end up struggling day after day, year after year working 2 or more jobs to stay afloat or live on welfare! The problem is many young women meet someone, fall in love and swear they met "the bomb", "Mr Right"! Most instill the belief that their marriage will be the one that will stand the test of time and they will be with their spouses long after the kiddies move out! Sad fact is more than half of all marriages end in divorce! The younger the couple the greater the risk!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

get another job...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Read "How to get from where you Are to where you want to Be" by Jack Cansdell I think his name is. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hardest is when you trusted the Bread winner.  Worry about a career first  you need to be strong  and not take in losers  in order for you to succeed

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.