Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 2 months ago

Who should be in the Baseball Hall of Fame that isn’t?

Besides Pete Rose.  

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Roger Clemens. I don't believe his steroid use was in the same category of seriousness as the home run sluggers. He used them to recover from injuries ,not improve performance.

NFL players do this all the time and only get 4 game suspensions.

• 2 months ago

Darryl Strawberry

Source(s): Google
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Tom Brady, he was drafted by the Montreal expos back in the day and is an sports hero and an American hero so therefore he needs to be in the hall of fame in every sport. 

• 2 months ago

Who cares anymore? The BBWAA have destroyed it. It doesn't mean anything anymore. It's marked be those who are not in. As long as they continue to bar worthy candidates it's a joke.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Shoeless Joe, and Pete Rose nether one used steroids.

• 2 months ago

Don Mattingly

Joe Jackson

Gil Hodges - his career numbers rank with many very, very good ballplayers who aren't in, but managing the Miracle Mets to a World Series win puts him over the top.

Rusty Staub - one of the most popular players ever, wherever he played, he had over 2,700 hits and should have reached 3,000 (and almost certain enshrinement) had he chosen to keep playing full time. Instead, he returned to the Mets in a part-time role so he could mentor young players. He did this the final 5 years of his career.

I could come up with more if I had the time. Maybe I'll update later.

• 2 months ago

Will Ferrell!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 months ago

Davey Concepción. Consistently one of the best shortstops in his era and was one of the best with the glove. 

• 2 months ago

Jim Kaat should be in the HOF. Curt Flood for his play and impact on baseball. Luis Tiant and Kenny Lofton had thay stayed with one team instead of being journeymen. And maybe Dick Allen.

• 2 months ago

Billy Wagner. One of the best lefties I've ever seen. 

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Pete Rose quite properly isn't in the HOF.  He knew the rules, yet voluntarily decided to flaunt them hundreds, if not thousands of times.  He made his own bed.  Let him lie in it.

As to who SHOULD be in?  I'll give you two names, one hitter and one pitcher-Albert Belle and Jim Kaat.  I'll reserve judgment with those who are pretty clearly PED users until the Hall makes its final decision.  Also those who are still on the ballot who may yet be elected, like Curt Schilling.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.