Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Black engine oil 2018 cbr 1000rr SP?

So last year I bought a new cbr 1000 and it had no issues. it still has no issues aside from the very dark black engine oil. it doesn't take very long for the oil to turn black. 200 miles after a fresh oil change and filter and its right back to being black. I've looked it up and tried to do some research and all I've found basically says as long as it still functions as oil and doesn't lose its viscosity then its fine. I have made some changes to the bike and this is why I honestly think the oil is black

Removed stock exhaust and Catalytic convertors. 

Added SC Project CRT exhaust. 

Power Commander w/ Autotune

ECU Flash 

The bike has also cut off once or twice while riding but will start right back up when you try. I asked the guy who did my ECU flash and he said it could be a pinched EVAP house that is causing it. It has been to cold to ride these last few months so I still haven't really solved that issue either. The bike rides fine overall. just concerned about the Oil and slightly the shutting off, but that could be the hose being pinched I haven't been able to really figure that out but if anyone has any other ideas that I can look into that would be appreciated. Thanks!

It is burning oil, which gets real sooty inside the combustion chamber and is then scratched of the cylinder walls and mixes into the oil.It is the rings or the valve guides.  You need to do a wet compression test to figure out which...or you can also have broken rings.  Being cold means the choke is on longer, but that should not give you the black concern so soon.

Mine did too when I first went to synth. After  4k and a change, it now takes a while to darken

edit: changing every month, unless U put 4K on each 'sickle per  month,  is too often. Wear out drain plug threads.. Harley cases aren't cheap.

EDIT: You are EFI; no "choke". Have some fancy DLC- embedded rings to  reduce wear, an '18 is almost New. I doubt she is burning oil yet unless sat a long time and valve stem seals shrunk. My CB650's didn't after sitting 11 years, though.

Your oil should stay clean looking for far longer than 200 miles following an oil change.  The oil turns black from contaminates, and contaminates don’t alter the viscosity.  If it turns black that quickly, something is wrong.  The engine could be loaded with sludge that the detergents in the oil are cleaning out.  It could be from a loose timing chain sawing it’s way through aluminum.  It could be from bearings that are junk because they were starved for oil at some point. 

• adam

replace that pinched hose. Color of oil? Its the viscosity that matters.  Myself I change oil and filter on all of my bikes every first of the month . Oil is cheap insurance.  My oil is never black but its a little darker . 

Replace the pinched EVAP hose.  Get an oil sample when the oil is black to an oil lab for analysis.  If the oil is still good, there is nothing to worry.