Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

19 years old, how do I tell my parents about acting?

Hello I'm from the UK and for a long time I have wanted to study acting, however I've never told my parents who are very strict to say the least. And tommrow I have a audition at a uni that I applied for, the only problem is my parents will be at home and will hear me and I've got no idea how to explain to them.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're going to have to talk to them about it.  They're probably going to be the ones who will be paying for the course, so you have to be brave and discuss it with them.

If you want to study acting to be a teacher or therapist, a uni is fine, but it's no good if you want to be an actor.  Only a top drama school works for that.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It is nothing to do with them as you are an adult, but it seems weird that you have not told them what course you have applied for. Act nonchalant. That will be good experience.

• 2 months ago

Just remember, never blink and make sure you have a doll's face before the crowd at all times for if you had notice, the movie actors can even do live action and never blink while the camera is rolling and that is how important not blinking is...... 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.