Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Why does my psychiatrist think it’s okay to only ?

Give me two weeks worth of medication. My gp said I could have two months worth then he comes along a ruins it

Yes but he’s ruined what I was happy with 

Favorite Answer

It can force more regular interactions with health care providers (including pharmacists) to watch for side effects and possible misuse of the medication.

This is especially important in when psychotropic drugs are used. A good Psychiatrist might employ the technique in certain circumstances, like if you seem high risk, for example.

A psychiatrist has different training and expertise from a GP.

Boo hoo Leah, people are starting to see through your bs.

It would help to know what medication you're referring to.

Because your psychiatrist knows you can't be trusted.

If it’s a controlled substance, that’s not unusual, especially if you have a history of addiction or abusing your meds. Or maybe he just hasn’t had a chance to get to know you yet and would rather play it safe. If you aren’t abusing your meds, then it shouldn’t matter that much. It’s just a minor inconvenience. The way you speak about it makes me think you are abusing or selling your pills. Since you described it as “he comes along and ruins it,” I have to think you’re doing something inappropriate with it. If you were taking it as prescribed, you wouldn’t be acting like your plans were ruined. You’re still getting the same amount of pills, you just have to pick it up twice a month. This really isn’t that big of a deal. 

Because the more they give out, the higher the risk of abuse and illegal sales.

A gp does not specilize in mental health like a psychiatrist does. What his thinking is about this issue you would have to ask him, but anyway drugs can interfere with  working on a problem.