Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

How Can I Remember what I read?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Review what you are reading as you go.

Slow down think about the story line.

When you finish think about what you read and add it to the story you know.

Review is key.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are many different techniques.  You will have to try quite a few to see which ones work best for you.  Here are some of them:

1) Read the information regularly, (i.e. silently), read it out loud, and then read it regularly again.

2) Read the information yourself and then have someone else read it to you.

3) As you read a sentence, write it down.  If what you have to read and remember is too long, then only write down the most important parts. 

4) Read it out loud and, as you do, pretend you are speaking to an audience.  You might even pretend you are a teacher and, after you read it out loud, ask the pretend audience questions to test for accuracy.

5) Make a recording of yourself reading it out loud and then play the recording over and over again as you are doing other things.  

The idea is get the information into your brain in several different ways and, too, to do it repetitively.  Everyone learns a little differently, so you have to experiment to find out what works best with you.

Hope this helps!

• 2 months ago

What was your question?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Take a picture.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.