Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 2 months ago

What diet works best to manage diabetes?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

What foods can I eat if I have diabetes?

vegetables. nonstarchy: includes broccoli, carrots, greens, peppers, and tomatoes. ...

fruits—includes oranges, melon, berries, apples, bananas, and grapes.

grains—at least half of your grains for the day should be whole grains. ...

protein. ...

dairy—nonfat or low fat.

• 2 months ago

Bitter tea, fish oil, cucumber. Insya Allah help. Allahu akbar ! Viva Indonesia !

• Shay
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

All carbohydrates become sugar in the body.  Controlling the amount and type of carbohydrates in your diet is the best way to manage diabetes.

Avoid added sugar.

Avoid processed foods.

NEVER drink your carbohydrates.  (liquid sugar absorbs the fastest and causes the highest sugar spikes in the blood.)  All drinks should be 0 calorie - 0 carbs.  

Learn the difference between "slow carbs" and "fast carbs" and base the majority of your diet around the "slow carbs".  They digest slower and don't cause high sugar spikes after eating them.

Consult your doctor or a dietitian to help you set up a daily carbohydrate goal.  For example, the doctor might recommend no more than 50 carbohydrates per meal and no more than 200 total carbohydrates per day.  (again - that is JUST AN EXAMPLE.)  

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A diet that gives you a balance of good fats, protein, carbohydrates vegetables, fruits, grains and hopefully provides all the vitamins & minerals, aminos and enzymes your body needs, and limited refined and processed foods as possible.

• 2 months ago

A low carbohydrate one, my friend. i.e. one where you control the amount of carbohydrates that you imbibe ... either eat or drink.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

A balanced one. These days diabetics don't need a special diet, they did before medication got advanced, which wasn't that long ago.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.