Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Why are so many people willing to get the Covid19 vaccine ?

As someone who has had Covid19 I will never get the vaccine.

Update:

Zirp you mentioned other vaccines and I agree with them but the big difference is the ones you mentioned have been around for years and have been proven to be safe. The same can't be said about this one because of how little we know about it. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Clearly you have not given this much thought. We know if you have had COVID-19 your natural immunity does not last long term so you will be able to get it again. If you get it again you could have it worse. You may die from it but what the heck that is just natural selection at work.

Have you thought how many million doses of the vaccine have been given. Millions of doses have been given and the data is showing the vaccines are safe because in all those millions of doses no one has reported a major adverse affect.

Vaccines have made a huge difference to the world. No one has small pox any more. Polio is almost wiped out. In the West measles was on its way out until anti-vaxxers started with the dangerous campaigns. Now measles is on the increase again. It is not just some mild spotty disease but it kills children or leaves them with severe disabilities.

Vaccines save lives and by having a vaccine you are contributing to herd immunity, which is important for those individuals who for clinical reasons are unable to have vaccines.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Same reason as the vaccines against mumps, measles, rubella, chicken pox and HPV:

Preventing the spread because some people would have serious effects from the disease if they would get it.

Plus we're all getting tired of the lockdowns

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You are free not to get the vaccine, that is your decision.

So many people are willing to get it because they want to prevent themselves from getting the disease and they want to prevent their family and friends from getting it.

If you are okay with risking your family, that's fine.

• 2 months ago

Rick is absolutely right and it is best to go with science and evidence based medicine. Rick stated the facts and others are just inventing or saying things they have no expertise in. 

Stanley, it doesn't matter what you think. This is a question and answer forum and not meant to be a place for proposing ignorant stances based on mysticism. 

Everyone should get the vaccine in order to prevent damage to themselves and others if not death. The vaccine has been tested and found to be relatively safe in the vast majority of the cases with outstanding efficacy. There is no sound reason not to take this vaccine. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Reported as a dangerous post

• 2 months ago

Rick B:  I don't believe you. 

Over 80% of the Covid deaths are actually pneumonia. 

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because I do not want to get COVID or spread it.  As an advanced practice Nurse, I have seen too many peopl edie from it and far more suffer life-long debilitation.  I get all the recomended vaccines.

William:  Yes.  It is called COVID Pneumonia.  If you ever saw a CT of someone with COVID, you would jump at the vaccine.  The fibrotic lungs do not ever go back to 100% normal.  A lot of them also die of clot-related causes.  COVID causes a hypercoaguable state and lots of these patients get clots (including strokes and pulmonary embolus).  Again, still COVID-related cause of death.  Or, to be more precise, COVID-induced cause of death.

Using William's logic, if someone were stabbed to death, you could not say they died from being stabbed, you would say they died from acute blood loss.  The stabbing was still the underlying cause.  Patients dying of "pneumonia" would not have done so if they had not gotten COVID and decompensated.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.