Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Letting go of bullying at work ?

I had a very bad experience at my previous job where there was so much toxic drama and gossip. Long story short, a female coworker I was friends with hooked up with another male coworker, and I guess he regretted it because he started being rude towards her and her friends (including me). That led to so much drama and cliques being created, and I was the center of attention for a while, along with other people where they would bully and gossip about each other. 

This really affected my mental health, and I quit some months ago. However, I never got any closure from confronting/standing up for myself in front of those people. I still follow some people from the job on social media. But every time I see their posts it gives me anxiety and I can't stop thinking about all the drama that went on in that place. Do you have any suggestions on how to get over getting bullied at work? I never had it that bad compared to other people who were bullied, but I never been through a situation like that before. I want to let go but I still feel resentment for not reacting differently or letting their gossip get to me! 

• Kate
    Favorite Answer

Girl.. let it go. Breathe & let it go. 

It sounds like wherever you worked clearly isn’t a professional place because if it was any reputable job they would have an HR & not be letting gossip slide. 

I understand that it’s easy to get caught up in your own head regarding things you wish you could’ve said & did different but please ask yourself.. what purpose does that serve? Don’t let petty things live in your head rent free girl cmon. You can never ever go back in time. You can only go forward. 

I would recommend unfollowing ALL of your old coworkers, but that’s just me haha. You need them in your life... for what again? Forrrr what? Hahah bish you ARE the main character. Start acting like it. 

Source(s): Your mind is an instrument.. don’t let it play ya.

Grow up and realize no one is required to treat you like a fragile snowflake. Grow up and stop begging for attention over and over!

I just be minding my own business at work. That's all I can recommend.